Sure, this year's Super Bowl contenders are the top teams on the football field, but what happens when they step into the kitchen?
"Good Morning America" invited cheerleaders and football players from the Carolina Panthers and the New England Patriots to face off in our Super Bowl cook-off. Which recipe is a winner? We'll let you decide.
Carolina Chili Cheese Dip
• 2 to 8 ounces cream cheese softened
• 2 cans of Hormel Chili with no beans
• 1/4 cup of chopped jalapenos peppers (optional)
• 3 cups of sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
• 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes (optional)
• 1/4 cup chopped green onions (optional)
1. Layer each ingredient in a casserole dish and bake at 350 degrees until cheese has melted and bubbling on the sides.
2. Serve with Tostito chips or Fritos.
New England Best Lobster Dip
• 2 cups finely chopped cooked lobster
• 1 cup finely chopped celery
• 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
• 1/2 cup mayonnaise
• 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
Optional ingredients: You can use either, but not both together:
• 1/4 cup chopped parsley
•1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1. Combine first seven ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring
2. Sprinkle with parsley or cilantro if desired.
3. Serve with crackers, pita chips, or raw veggies.
Makes 2 1/4 cups.
Recipes courtesy of Carolina Panthers and the New England Patriots, copyright 2004.