If you're a man who enjoys shoe shopping, pedicures and perfecting your recipe for crème brûlèe, you may be a metrosexual kind of guy.
Metrosexual is sort of a catch-all phrase for straight, urban men who like embracing activities usually associated with women — like shopping, pedicures and buying shoes — lots of shoes.
So, do you make the grade? Take our quiz and see.
Are You a Metrosexual?
1. Which celebrity most displays your sense of style? a. Soccer star and fashion plate David Beckham b. Guy's guy Ben Affleck c. Ultimate grunge Johnny Depp
2. What is your idea of a perfect Friday night? a. Drinking Grey Goose at the hottest new club in town b. Playing video games while hanging out with a group of buddies c. Downing beers at your favorite neighborhood bar
3. Where do you get your hair cut? a. Same place I've been going for 20 years … the neighborhood barbershop! b. Haircut? What's a haircut? c. I only get my hair cut by Jacques at the most exclusive salon around.
4. What kind of clothing do you wear?
a. Only the top designer labels. b. Whatever is clean and feels most comfortable c. I wear whatever fits the occasion, although I don't follow labels
5. True or False: I find myself using my girlfriend's or wife's beauty products (i.e. moisturizers, etc.)
a. True b. False
6. Have you ever gotten a manicure?
a. Of course! I get once at least once a week! b. I got one once, but don't tell anyone! c. Are you kidding? Manicures are female-only territory!
7. Shopping is:
a. A priority b. Something I only do for major holidays c. Something I greatly fear
8. How long does it take for you to get ready in the morning? a. At least an hour. And that's NOT including my shower. b. No time at all! I just roll out of bed and get going! c. 10 to 20 minutes