at a children's museum in Reno. More than a dozen hurt. Children sent to the hospital and ABC's aditi Roy is live in Reno this morning. Good morning, aditi. Reporter: Good morning, George. 13 people... See More
at a children's museum in Reno. More than a dozen hurt. Children sent to the hospital and ABC's aditi Roy is live in Reno this morning. Good morning, aditi. Reporter: Good morning, George. 13 people were injured in that incident mostly children. One child remains in the hospital right now. Listed in good condition. Now, things are calm right now in front of the hospital right now, but just 12 hours earlier it was utter chaos as a science demonstration went horribly wrong. Okay. Ready? Reporter: Shrieks of terror ripple through the discovery museum in Reno after a routine science experiment breaks down. Most people ran and panicked. I grabbed children and started pulling them to the side away from it. Reporter: Jackie rider shot this video. It shows what offs say was a chemical splash resulting from a mixture of methyl alcohol and boric acid routinely used at the exhibit. Flames appear to fall off the table and onto the floor just feet away from a group of children. Among them, Jackie's niece. She was on fire completely on fire. Her hair, her back, her face. Reporter: 13 people were injured. Officials say the science demonstration which takes place daily at the museum was supposed to simulate a tornado. The executive director of the museum said in a statement "We are committed to determining the cause of this incident." We'll figure out what happened and make sure it doesn't happen again. Reporter: Still, some parents say they're not coming back. Not any time soon. Reporter: There is minimal damage at the museum. Now it shut down early yesterday but is expected to re-open later on this morning as investigators try to piece together exactly what went wrong. George. Yeah, this is a strange one. Thanks very much.
This transcript has been automatically generated and may not be 100% accurate.