(HealthDay News) - Many women take a home pregnancy test when they suspect they may be pregnant.
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services offers these suggestions to ensure that home pregnancy test results are as accurate as possible:
- Always follow the directions on the box, and make sure that the test has not expired.
- Take the test first thing in the morning.
- Wait at least one week after your missed period.
- Hormonal levels that indicate pregnancy vary in every woman. If your test is negative but you still have symptoms, wait a few days and try another test.
- Different brands may react differently with different women. Try a different brand if you doubt that results of the first test are accurate.