(HealthDay News) -- The lull of a relaxing drive can make you too sleepy to continue behind the wheel. If you feel yourself getting too tired, it's important to get off the road and give yourself a break.
The U.S. National Safety Council offers this list of warning signs that you should check into a motel for the night:
- When your eyes keep closing or slip out of focus.
- When you yawn repeatedly.
- When you begin to feel especially impatient, irritable or restless.
- When you have trouble concentrating.
- When you can't remember driving the previous few miles.
- When you begin swerving into another lane or onto the shoulder.
- When you begin missing traffic signs, tailgating or driving too fast or too slowly.
- When you feel tension in the back, a burning sensation in the eyes or feel shallow breathing.