Girl's Hospital Burns Partially Blamed on Olive Oil

Doctors say the accidental fire was caused by olive oil, hand sanitizer and static electricity.
0:55 | 02/21/13

Coming up in the next {{countdown}} {{countdownlbl}}

Coming up next:

{{nextVideo.title}}

{{nextVideo.description}}

Skip to this video now

Now Playing:

{{currentVideo.title}}

Comments
Related Extras
Related Videos
Video Transcript
Transcript for Girl's Hospital Burns Partially Blamed on Olive Oil
We told you yesterday about the young girl -- or again who was burned while in her hospital bed. Ireland lane is still covered in bandages after suffering severe burns on nearly 20% of her body. A fire marshal's investigation confirms that the fire was sparked by static electricity and -- by alcohol based hand sanitize -- and olive oil. Which is being used to remove adhesive. After a medical test. This is a really unusual event and they really shouldn't happen again I think fifty armed. It was a combination of the static and -- Kaiser and the all -- altogether we're gonna eliminate the olive oil. And I think can't sanitize -- when used. Has advised it saves lives each and every a year in this country. Ireland is undergoing a second skin -- today which also happens to be -- twelfth birthday and we wish her. The very --

This transcript has been automatically generated and may not be 100% accurate.

{"id":18556164,"title":"Girl's Hospital Burns Partially Blamed on Olive Oil","duration":"0:55","description":"Doctors say the accidental fire was caused by olive oil, hand sanitizer and static electricity.","url":"/Health/video/ireland-lanes-hospital-burns-partially-blamed-on-olive-oil-18556164","section":"Health","mediaType":"default"}