Transcript for Girl's Hospital Burns Partially Blamed on Olive Oil
We told you yesterday about the young girl -- or again who was burned while in her hospital bed. Ireland lane is still covered in bandages after suffering severe burns on nearly 20% of her body. A fire marshal's investigation confirms that the fire was sparked by static electricity and -- by alcohol based hand sanitize -- and olive oil. Which is being used to remove adhesive. After a medical test. This is a really unusual event and they really shouldn't happen again I think fifty armed. It was a combination of the static and -- Kaiser and the all -- altogether we're gonna eliminate the olive oil. And I think can't sanitize -- when used. Has advised it saves lives each and every a year in this country. Ireland is undergoing a second skin -- today which also happens to be -- twelfth birthday and we wish her. The very --
This transcript has been automatically generated and may not be 100% accurate.