New Brussels Airport Video Shows Suspect Right Before Attacks

PHOTO: Belgian Federal Police released this photo on March 22, 2016 showing the suspects of this mornings attacks at Brussels Airport, in Zaventem. PlayAFP/Getty Images
WATCH Police Release Surveillance Video of Brussels Suspect at Airport

Belgian authorities today released new video on YouTube of the third man they believe was involved in the deadly terror attack at Brussels Airport last week.

Interested in ?

Add as an interest to stay up to date on the latest news, video, and analysis from ABC News.
Add Interest

The 32-second video shows a man wearing a dark hat and light-colored jacket walking alongside two alleged suicide bombers just before the bombings took place. He had previously been shown in airport surveillance photos.

"The police are seeking to identify this man," according to the video.

The implication is that the suspected accomplice of the two airport suicide bombers is still at large. Police did not elaborate.

One of the men arrested by Belgian authorities, identified as Faycal Cheffou, has since been released. Cheffou, referred to as "Faycal C" by police, was arrested on Thursday for terror charges but officials have not yet explained why he was originally suspected or how they believed he was allegedly involved. He was released today.

The Belgian prosecutor put out a new statement this morning but did not clarify what evidence authorities had against him.

"The evidence that led to the arrest of Faycal C. has not been backed up by the ongoing investigation. As a result, he has been released by the judge," the statement said.

His release comes hours after Belgian police distributed a clip of the surveillance footage that shows the two suicide bombers and the third suspect, dubbed the "man in white." Police believe this man fled before the bombs detonated and survived.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Editor’s note: An earlier version of this story said that Faycal Cheffou was believed to be the third suspect pictured in airport surveillance footage before the deadly bombing. Authorities have not publicly confirmed any connection.