Here are some tips from matchmaker Janis Spindel for women in the market for a mate:
1. Smile. Smile as much as possible. It makes you approachable.
2. When you're out with your female friends, separate yourself from the pack. Men are too intimidated to approach a group of women but might approach you individually.
3. Always have a manicure. It says you treat yourself well.
4. Don't wear too much makeup or terribly revealing clothes. Be feminine, not X-rated.
5. Wear a pin or distinctive necklace or earrings. Memorable jewelry can be a conversation starter.
6. Talk to at least three strangers of the opposite sex each day. Finding love is a numbers game, so you have to get out there and get used to approaching men. Compliment something a man is wearing or make a joke about what he's drinking. If you start the conversation, the man will take it from there.
7. Never discuss politics or personal problems on a first encounter. Instead, discuss safe topics such as the weather, travel or entertainment.
8. Project confidence. No one wants to go out with a person who is negative and full of complaints.
9. Make a list of what you're looking for in a spouse. Don't date anyone who doesn't meet those standards. It's a waste of your time.
10. If you're not meeting mates and you want to -- change your attitude! Anyone can get married at any age. Just be optimistic and make an effort to meet as many people as you can.