Republican presidential candidate Marco Rubio this morning defended some of his personal attacks against Donald Trump on the trail and in Thursday night's debate, but also said he's disappointed with the divisive tone of the campaign.
Interested in ?Add as an interest to stay up to date on the latest news, video, and analysis from ABC News.
"Look, I regret the way the campaign has become, absolutely, because Donald Trump for the last year has made it one of the most vulgar spectacles in American politics history," Rubio said today on “Good Morning America.”
"He has offended personally every single person running for president, he’s offended journalists, he’s offended the disabled, he’s offended women. I would love for all that to stop. I’d rather talk about the issues."
Rubio argued: "He needs to get a taste of his own medicine. Nothing I have ever said comes anything close to what Donald Trump says regularly on a daily and routine basis."
Rubio continued his attack of Trump as a “con-artist," pointing to Trump's changing position on immigration and his answers on health care and foreign policy during Thursday night's Republican debate.
Rubio said in the debate he would still support the Republican nominee even if that person is Trump.
"I wish people would have a better choice," Rubio said if the general election came between Hillary Clinton and Trump.
The Florida senator also said he was confident in his ability to win his home state's primary.