Members of Congress were given more than $16 million worth of trips by private corporations and non-profit organizations between 2000 and winter 2005, according to PoliticalMoneyLine. The group received the information from the clerk of the House of Representatives and the secretary of the Senate.
Here is a list of the cost of privately funded trips disclosed by Kansas' congressional delegation:
• Sam Brownback (R) : disclosed eight trips at a cost of $11,417.
• Pat Roberts (R): disclosed 16 trips at a cost of $58,671.
• Dennis Moore (D) : disclosed 10 trips at a cost of $52,678.
• Jerry Moran (R): disclosed 17 trips at a cost of $43,531.
• Jim Ryun (R): disclosed 11 trips at a cost of $20,981.
• Todd Tiahrt (R): disclosed 13 trips at a cost of $72,011.
If you would like more information about congressional trips, go to PoliticalMoneyLine's site.
To compare this information to other states' congressional delegation, go back to the map