Members of Congress were given more than $16 million worth of trips by private corporations and nonprofit organizations between 2000 and winter 2005, according to PoliticalMoneyLine. The group received the information from the clerk of the House of Representatives and the secretary of the Senate.
Here is a list of the cost of privately funded trips disclosed by Oklahoma's congressional delegation:
• Tom Coburn (R): No trips filed as of March 31, 2005.
• James Inhofe (R): disclosed four trips at a cost of $2,562.
• Dan Boren (D): No trips filed as of March 31, 2005.
• Tom Cole (R): disclosed 10 trips at a cost of $39,266.
• Ernest J. Isdisclosed Jr. (R): disclosed 10 trips at a cost of $41,008.
• Frank Lucas (R): disclosed six trips at a cost of $10,255.
• John Sullivan (R): disclosed two trips at a cost of $6,332.
If you would like more information about congressional trips, go to PoliticalMoneyLine's site.
To compare this information to other states' congressional delegation, back to map