Here's a list of seven easy steps to help you clean up your online profile:
1. Keep a clean account free of inappropriate postings and pictures from the minute you set up your account.
2. Know what your friends are posting, as well, and make sure they aren't posting inappropriate pictures or videos of you.
3. Tighten privacy settings so that only your friends can see posts.
4. Google yourself so you know what is out there. Even though you set your privacy settings on social media, search engines can work around those filters.
5. Remember to go through old postings, too. College admissions people often look all the way back to when you first joined social media.
6. Check your social media pages about once a week.
7. Rule of thumb: If you don't want your parents to see it, take it off.