The victims of the shooting at Fort Hood Army base in Kileen, Texas, included three decorated soldiers who had served deployments in Iraq, Afghanistan and Kuwait, authorities said today.
The three soldiers were killed Wednesday when Spc. Ivan Lopez stormed a command building on the base and opened fire with a semi-automatic handgun, injuring 16 others during the rampage before killing himself, police said.
See all of ABC News' Coverage of the Fort Hood Shooting
- Age 37
- From Effingham, Ill.
- Joined the Army in 2004
- Deployed to Iraq in 2005
- Deployed to Kuwait in 2010
- Awarded three Commendation Medals, four Army Achievement Medals, Combat Action Badge, and Global War on Terrorism Medal, among others.
Sgt. Timothy Wayne Owens
- Age 38
- From Aguadilla, Puerto Rico
- Joined the Army in 1994
- Served two tours in Iraq, in 2007-2008 and 2009-2010
- Served in Kuwait in 1998-1999
- Awarded four Commendation Medals, three Army Achievement Medals, the Iraq Campaign Medal with Two Stars, among others.
Staff Sgt. Carlos Alberto Lazaney Rodriguez
- Age 39
- From Mulberry, Fla.
- Joined the Army in 1993
- Deployed to Kuwait in 2003 and again in 2004-2005
- Served in Iraq 2009-2010
- Served in Afghanistan 2012 - 2013
- Awarded a Bronze Star, a Meritorious Service Medal, a Kosovo Campaign Medal with Bronze Service Star, and Afghanistan Campaign Medal with campaign star, and an
Iraq Campaign Medal with campaign star, among others.
Sfc. Daniel Michael Ferguson