San Bernardino Investigation: FBI Searches Lake for Clues as Victims' Funerals Continue

PHOTO: Members of the FBI Underwater Search and Evidence Response Team and bomb specialists work at Seccombe Lake on Thursday, Dec. 10, 2015 in San Bernardino, Calif. PlayMicah Escamilla/The Sun via AP
WATCH Major Developments in the San Bernardino Terror Investigation

As FBI investigators return to search a San Bernardino lake today for clues into last week's deadly shooting, funerals continue for some of the 14 victims who lost their lives during the massacre in Southern California's Inland Empire.

There is a wake today in Westminster, California, for 31-year-old victim Tin Nguyen, and a funeral is set for this morning in Riverside, California, for 58-year-old victim Damian Meins, according to The Press Enterprise. Yvette Velasco, 27, was the first victim to be laid to rest in a funeral Thursday afternoon.

Meanwhile, the FBI is scouring Seccombe Lake Park in San Bernardino -- 2.5 miles from the site of the shooting -- where the killers may have gone after the Dec. 2 massacre, according to authorities.

In the hours after suspected shooters Syed Farook and Tashfeen Malik fled the scene of the conference room shooting -- and before the police shootout that left them dead -- the FBI believes the couple may have come to the lake to dump evidence, possibly including devices with digital data.

The search comes after the FBI received information that the couple spent time at the pond, according to a senior official with knowledge of the investigation. The dive teams are looking to see if they left or stored anything at the pond, the senior official said.

The FBI would not discuss specific evidence, but officials said Thursday that investigators were seeking "anything that had to do" with the shooting.

"In the end we may come up with nothing," FBI Los Angeles branch Assistant Director David Bowdich said Thursday, adding that the search could take days. "We just don’t know yet.”

Bowdich added that there is no indication that anything in the lake poses a danger to the public.

Farook and his neighbor, Enrique Marquez, who federal investigators say provided the military-style weapons used in the massacre, allegedly began planning, but later abandoned, a terror plot in 2012, authorities said.

That year, four individuals in Riverside -- the same town where Farook and Marquez lived -- were arrested and convicted of terrorism. The FBI said the four individuals' terror plot was to join the Taliban and fight overseas.

Idaho Sen. James Risch said the four arrests were "immediately adjacent" to Farook and Marquez's area and "really caused them to rethink" their plan.

Marquez remains in FBI custody today, but not under arrest.

Get real-time updates as this story unfolds. To start, just "star" this story in ABC News' phone app. Download ABC News for iPhone here or ABC News for Android here.