A Bristol County Superior Court Judge ordered Hernandez held without bail. His next court date is slated for July 24 at Attleboro District Court. Two other men, Carlos Ortiz, 27, of Bristol, Conn., and Ernest Wallace, 41, who turned himself in to Miramar, Fla., police, are also charged in the case.
Bristol County District Attorney Sam Sutter said in a statement released last week that he was satisfied that all three men suspected of being in the car that delivered Lloyd to his death were in custody.
Ortiz will have a "dangerousness" hearing on July 9 at Attleboro District Court. Wallace waived extradition at a hearing in Florida and will face charges in Massachusetts in the coming days, Sutter said.
Lloyd's body was recovered in a sand and gravel pit less than a mile from the $1.3 million home in North Attleborough Hernandez shares with his fiance, Shayanna Jenkins, the mother of his 8-month-old daughter. He had been shot five times, prosecutors said, including twice while he was already immobile on the ground.
After his arrest, Boston Police searched the Hernandez home in connection with an unsolved triple shooting that left two men dead in July 2012, according to law enforcement sources.
A car linked to Hernandez that investigators believe was used in that shooting was recovered last week in Connecticut, law enforcement sources told ABC News.
Boston Police confirmed a search warrant was executed at the Hernandez home but refused comment through a spokeswoman on the ongoing investigation into the July 12, 2012, drive-by that took place after an altercation at Boston nightclub Cure.