Video Shows E-Cigarette Exploding in Kentucky Man's Pocket

PHOTO: Security camera caught the moment when an e-cigarette battery exploded in the pants of this customer, causing second degree burns to the victim. PlayWEHT
WATCH Fire in Man's Pocket Linked to E-Cigarette Battery

Surveillance video from inside a convenience store and gas station in Owensboro, Kentucky, shows a man's e-cigarette exploding in his pocket and causing his pants to catch fire, according to ABC affiliate station WEHT.

Josh Hamilton posted a dramatic image of his burned leg on his Facebook page and said his e-cigarette battery exploded in his pocket. "Third degree burns all up and down my leg," Hamilton wrote in his post.

Hamilton has not responded to ABC News’ request for comment, and gas station employees declined to comment.