Medical Examiner Resigns After Carbon Monoxide Deaths

Three people died in the same North Carolina hotel room nearly two months apart.
0:44 | 06/17/13

Coming up in the next {{countdown}} {{countdownlbl}}

Coming up next:

{{nextVideo.title}}

{{nextVideo.description}}

Skip to this video now

Now Playing:

{{currentVideo.title}}

More information on this video
Enhanced full screen
Explore related content
Comments
Related Extras
Related Videos
Video Transcript
Transcript for Medical Examiner Resigns After Carbon Monoxide Deaths
A medical examiner has resigned after failing to deliver a report that could have saved the life of an eleven year old boy. The story begins in April when an elderly couple staying the evening in a boon North Carolina hotel. Died mysteriously in their sleep. Months later on June 8 young Jeffrey Williams and his mother went to bed and the very same room and by morning. The boy was dead killed by -- carbon monoxide leak. What cops didn't know at the time was that a week earlier a medical examiner had determined that carbon monoxide was responsible for the first two deaths. State officials say doctor Jeffrey hall finished his investigation on June 1 but then failed to inform local police. -- has now left his post and cops have since launched a criminal investigation.

This transcript has been automatically generated and may not be 100% accurate.

{"id":19423145,"title":"Medical Examiner Resigns After Carbon Monoxide Deaths","duration":"0:44","description":"Three people died in the same North Carolina hotel room nearly two months apart.","section":"US","mediaType":"Default"}