Disney Media Networks is hosting a global town hall event with President Barack Obama and Americans affected by the spate of tragic shootings across the country including family members of shooting victims, police officers, community leaders and more. ABC News is producing the town hall on race, justice and policing moderated by “World News Tonight” Anchor David Muir, joined by ESPN Commentator and Co-Host of ESPN2’s “His and Hers” Jemele Hill and ABC News Correspondent Deborah Roberts.
“The President and The People: A National Conversation,” airs Thursday, July 14 (8:00 – 9:00 pm ET/PT), simulcast commercial-free on ABC, ESPN, FREEFORM; airing internationally on BBC, ESPN, The Armed Forces Network (AFRTS), reaching 174 territories along with 140 U.S. Naval ships at sea, and OSN (Orbit Showtime Network), reaching 29 Middle East countries including Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, and Syria; and streaming on ABC News sites and apps, FREEFORM Digital, ABC Digital, Watch ESPN, Yahoo, ABC News’ Facebook page and YouTube channel, ABC Radio and ESPN Radio.
CONFIRMED GUESTS INCLUDE:
After the town hall on Thursday, ABC News’ Senior Legal Correspondent and Analyst Sunny Hostin and ESPN’s Lonnae O'Neal, senior writer for The Undefeated, will continue the conversation with members of the town hall audience for a digital live stream.
ABC News will publish the town hall in its entirety across all digital platforms on desktop, mobile and OTT. ABC News will have ongoing coverage on all properties, including reaction from viewers online and across social media. On Friday ABC News will offer users a front row, 360-degree view of the town hall with a series of special virtual reality videos.
Karen Travers will report from the town hall for ABC Radio, the largest commercial radio network in the U.S., and Lana Zak will report for ABC NewsOne, the affiliate news service of ABC News, which reaches over 200 stations and international news partners.
On Thursday, ESPN Radio will air a preview special before the town hall (7:00 – 8:00 pm ET/PT) and “Undefeated Special: President and People” (9:00 – 11:00 pm ET/PT).
“The President and The People: A National Conversation”
Air Date: July 14, 2016
Following are usage rules for Disney Media Networks Town Hall with President Obama “The President and The People: A National Conversation” airing Thursday, July 14, 2016 (8:00 – 9:00 pm ET) on ABC News, ESPN and Freeform.
1. Excerpts of no more than FIVE MINUTES (5:00) of actualities from ABC News, ESPN and Freeform may be incorporated in your regularly scheduled news programs broadcast within the seven (7) day period commencing at 9:00 p.m. ET Thursday, July 14.
2. A mandatory on-screen credit must be aired during the entire excerpt you broadcast. The excerpt must be introduced with an audio credit “In a town hall hosted by ABC News…”
3. You must advise your affiliates and any other entities to which you provide material for broadcast that they must abide by the same usage and credit guidelines to incorporate any excerpts in their locally originated programming
4. Domestic networks may not redistribute the material as clips or raw material to international affiliates or agencies. Re-distribution of an entire segment or program containing the clip is allowed as long as the affiliates are advised that no excerpting of the clip or cataloguing for future use is allowed.
5. You must include the mandatory “ABC News” bug visible with no company logos over the above footage.
6. If the video interview is used on the Internet, online services or interactive multimedia transmissions, you must use the embed code, which will be provided.
Disney Media Networks reserve all of its rights and remedies in the event of any violation of its rights.