-- Former "Dawson's Creek" star James Van Der Beek is the latest actor to speak out about being sexually assaulted in Hollywood.
Van Der Beek, 40, opened up about his own experience, writing on Twitter that he understands "the unwarranted shame" that some of the women involved in the Harvey Weinstein scandal have suffered for not coming forward sooner.
"What Weinstein is being accused of is criminal," he tweeted. "What he’s admitted to is unacceptable - in any industry. I applaud everybody speaking out."
"I’ve had my a-- grabbed by older, powerful men. I’ve had them corner me in inappropriate sexual conversations when I was much younger," he claimed. "I understand the unwarranted shame, powerlessness & inability to blow the whistle. There’s a power dynamic that feels impossible to overcome," Van Der Beek wrote in another tweet.
Weinstein has been accused by numerous women of sexual harassment and, in some cases, assault. He was later terminated by the board of The Weinstein Co. after the allegations went public.
"Mr. Weinstein believes that all of these relationships were consensual," according to a statement from Weinstein's representative. "Mr. Weinstein has begun counseling, has listened to the community and is pursuing a better path. Mr. Weinstein is hoping that, if he makes enough progress, he will be given a second chance."
Still, the disgraced Hollywood executive said Wednesday in a video obtained by ABC News that he's "got to get help," and has reportedly checked himself into a rehabilitation clinic for behavioral issues, including sex addiction.
Van Der Beek isn't the only actor to speak out about male-on-male sexual assault.
"Brooklyn Nine-Nine" star Terry Crews alleged Tuesday he was sexually assaulted at a "Hollywood function last year" by a "high level Hollywood executive."
"Jumping back I said, What are you doing?! My wife saw everything n we looked at him like he was crazy," Crews said on Twitter. "He just grinned like a jerk."
Many actors and actresses have spoken out against Weinstein's alleged behavior, which was first published in The New York Times and The New Yorker magazine.
His attorney Charles Harder said last week that the initial New York Times story, which also included allegations that Weinstein had reached confidential settlements with some of his accusers, was "saturated with false and defamatory statements" and said that he was preparing a lawsuit against the paper.