-- Amy Schumer already has a die-hard group of fans who love her Comedy Central show, "Inside Amy Schumer," but she's about to reach a much broader audience: The comedian has been tapped to host the 2015 MTV Movie Awards, the network confirmed. “I am honored to be hosting the awards,” Schumer said in a statement provided by MTV to Variety. “I will carry the audience with me like a teen mom #breaktheinternet #breakmywater." Here are a few things to know about the 33-year-old.
1. She Appeared On 'Last Comic Standing': In 2007, Schumer appeared on "Last Comic Standing," and came in fourth. (That season, Jon Reep won.) "'Last Comic' gave me a lot of exposure but I was like 23 or 24 when I was on there so I was really young," she later told O.C. Weekly. "Now I am a 31-year-old woman who's been having sex for like 20 years and dating so [my comedy] is more adult because I'm more of an adult."
2. She's Dated Other Famous People: In the past, Schumer has been linked to comedian Anthony Jeselnik and WWE star Dolph Ziggler. After telling Howard Stern that Jeselnik wasn't "attentive enough," she added that sex with Ziggler was "too athletic," according to the Huffington Post.
3. She Hates L.A.: Schumer, a native New Yorker, told Howard Stern that she still doesn't feel at home at Hollywood events. At the Vanity Fair Oscars party earlier this year, she joked that she thought she'd be asked to valet cars or serve food. "My sister and I are getting ready and we felt really pretty and then we got to the party and we were pumpkins in the first ten seconds. ... All the most beautiful women in the world are there," she said. "I don't want to go back to L.A. I'm home right now."
4. She'll Never Get Plastic Surgery: "I don’t think that it’s wrong, I don’t think it’s stupid, I’m just really scared of the needle and stuff. And I just think things can go so wrong," she told Time of why she'll never go under the knife. "It’s hard to be a girl, you’re judged so much on your appearance, you’re onstage being looked at, you’re on camera, it’s hard. I’m just like, 'This is what I look like.’ Sometimes I’ll say that in the mirror, ‘This is what you look like. You're beautiful, this is it. You’re a good person.'"
5. She's Got Famous Relatives: Schumer's sister Kim Caramele is a comedy writer, with whom she's working on a movie "Train Wreck." (Judd Apatow is directing.) She's also a cousin to New York Sen. Charles Schumer. "I didn’t know her and now I do. She was telling people she’s my cousin, and it turns out, she is," the senator told the New York Daily News. "This put me in my place: My nephew, Max Schumer, is a freshman in college. His roommate said to him, 'Your last name is Schumer? Are you related to Amy?'"