— -- After three weeks, it's still a zoo in theaters nationwide.
Disney's animated animal flick "Zootopia" took the top spot at the box office for the third week in a row, attracting a still-potent $38 million-plus from theaters.
Debuting in second place was "Allegiant," the third movie in the "Divergent" series. The movie rated poorly with analysts and fans and took in a disappointing $29 million.
In third place was the faith-based Jennifer Garner film "Miracles From Heaven." The movie earned a respectable $15 million compared to its modest budget of $13 million.
Last week's second place finisher, "10 Cloverfield Lane," dropped to fourth place with a $12.5 million haul, while "Deadpool" hung tough in fifth place, adding another $8 million to its total; the action comedy has made more than $340 million since its Valentine's Day weekend opening.
"Zootopia" was released by Disney, the parent company of ABC News.
Here are the top 10 movies from Friday through Sunday, with estimated ticket sales, according to Rentrak:
- Zootopia -- $38,042,000
- The Divergent Series: Allegiant -- $29,050,000
- Miracles From Heaven -- $15,000,000
- 10 Cloverfield Lane -- $12,500,000
- Deadpool -- $8,000,000
- London Has Fallen -- $6,894,000
- Whiskey Tango Foxtrot -- $2,805,000
- The Perfect Match -- $1,900,000
- The Brothers Grimsby -- $1,400,000
- The Revenant -- $1,225,000