Home Decorating Tips for You
Need to spruce up the place? Check out these home decorating tips.
June 16, 2009— -- "Good Morning America" culled through design magazines and do-it-yourself decorating Web sites to come up with these creative ways to spruce up your home.
Check back periodically because we'll be updating the list as the tips keep rolling in.
1. For a really striking new look, try painting your walls lighter and use dark tones or bright color for the trim.
2. Pay attention to your front door. Buff it up with a fresh coat of paint, a new knocker, a polished knob and a working doorbell.
3. Enliven your walls with color. Choose a room as "summer room" and paint it light blue, soft yellow or bright green.
4. Paint a room's furniture white or black. This takes care of any mismatched pieces or imperfections and makes the forms stand out. White brightens a room, while black gives a refined look.
5. Paint your floors. Not only can this make for an innovative floor covering, it can cover up imperfections. Your painting mistakes will only add character to the room. But if you make a mistake, you can always start fresh after cleaning the area with a cloth and letting it dry.
ABC News Live
24/7 coverage of breaking news and live events