Feb. 4, 2005 -- If you like the spicy, cheesy taste of Doritos, you might want to try this simple dish that is a favorite in Charlie Gibson's home.
The Gibsons received this recipe from Mary Corkran, a friend of the family, 20 years ago. It has been a Gibson family favorite ever since.
Gibson first shared this sensational recipe with "Good Morning America" fans during the 2002 "Family Cook-Off" series. The recipe proved to be so popular that he brought it back just in time for Super Bowl Sunday.
If you want to print Gibson's recipe, simply scroll down to the bottom of this page and click on the "print this article" option. Then send the newly formatted page to your printer.
• 1 large 13-ounce package of Doritos (save 2 cups for casserole topping)
• 2 tbsp. onion, grated
• 1 10-ounce can of chili with beans
• 10- to 15-ounce enchilada sauce
• 8-ounce can tomato sauce
• 1½ cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
• 2 cups Doritos
• 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
• 1¼ cups sour cream
• Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
• Crumble 6 cups of Doritos with your hands into a large mixing bowl.
• Add the onion, the chili, the enchilada sauce, tomato sauce and 1½ cups of cheddar cheese to the crumbled Doritos. Stir with a rubber spatula to combine. Place mixture into an 8½ x 11-inch oven-proof casserole dish.
• Bake for 20 minutes.
• Remove from the oven. Spread the sour cream over the top of the casserole with a large spoon or rubber spatula. Top with remaining 2 cups Doritos. Then sprinkle with the 1/2 cup of the cheddar cheese.
• Bake for another five minutes and serve.