In honor of this summer's most magical family movie, "The Odd Life of Timothy Green," Good Morning America wants to give you the chance to celebrate your own family with a dream getaway vacation provided by Delta Vacations. Read the official rules below and then click here to enter Good Morning America's "Fun With the Family" Sweepstakes for your chance to win a fun-filled 4-day/3-night trip for four (*restrictions apply see official rules).
To participate in this Sweepstakes, you must agree to and abide by these Official Rules.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. INTERNET ACCESS & VALID E-MAIL ACCOUNT REQUIRED.Eligibility: Good Morning America's "Fun with the Family" Sweepstakes (also referred to as "Sweepstakes" or "Promotion") is open only to legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States and the District of Columbia, 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry.
1. Eligibility: Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States and the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older. Void in Alaska, Hawaii, Guam, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands and other U.S. Territories, and where prohibited or restricted by law. Any individuals (including but not limited to employees) who have, within six months prior to the start date of the Promotion, performed services for Sponsor, Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures, Delta Air Lines, Delta Vacations, MLT Vacations, Administrator, or any of their respective related, parent, affiliated or subsidiary companies or who have within six (6) months prior to the start date of the Sweepstakes performed services for any organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Sweepstakes or supplying the prizes, or persons involved in the creation, development or production (including cast and crew) of Good Morning America ("Producer") and/or their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliated and successor companies, and immediate family and household members of such individuals, are not eligible to enter or win. "Immediate family members" shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, grandchildren, step-grandchildren, or spouses, regardless of where they live. "Household members" shall mean people who share the same residence at least three consecutive months a year, whether related or not.
2. Sweepstakes Entry: The Sweepstakes begins on or about 12:00:01 am Eastern Time ("ET") on August 17, 2012 and ends 11:59:59 am ET on September 7, 2012 ("Promotion Period"). Sponsor's computer is the official clock for this Sweepstakes.
To enter, navigate the Internet to www.goodmorningamerica.com and click on Fun with the Family Sweepstakes image which will take you to the Sweepstakes home page. You must be a registered member of ABCNews.com or one of the WDIG Family of Sites to enter or you may become a member. Registration is free and only required once. Enter as follows:
a) If you are an existing ABCNews.com member, simply sign in on the Sweepstakes home page with your current member name and password.
b) If you are not an ABCNews.com member, you can register by clicking on the link located on the Sweepstakes home page. You will be asked to provide your first and last name, mailing address with zip code/postal code, phone number, e-mail address, gender, birthday, country, and to select a username and password.
You may be asked to consent to receive promotional e-mails and reminder e-mails from the WDIG Family of Sites or from third parties. Consenting to receive promotional or reminder e-mails is optional and does not have to be agreed upon in order to be eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes and does not improve your chances of winning.
Upon submission, you will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. You will not receive an acknowledgement. Free internet access is available at most public libraries.
Sponsor and Administrator (as hereinafter defined) will not be responsible for late, lost, incomplete, or misdirected entries. All entries must be received by 11:59:59 am ET on September 7, 2012, when the Sweepstakes ends. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged. By entering this Sweepstakes, participants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Administrator and Sponsor, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
3. Prizes, Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): Grand Prize (1 winner): The winner ("Winner") will receive a 4-day/3-night trip for four (4) ("Group") to any Delta Vacations Destination in the 48 Contiguous United States ("Trip"). A complete list of Delta Vacations Destinations can be found at http://www.deltavacations.com/planning/region.do?regionCode=USA. Trip consists of: Roundtrip coach air transportation from a major commercial airport near winner's legal U.S. residence (as selected by Sponsor) to an airport near a Delta Vacations Destination in the 48 Contiguous United States (as selected by Sponsor) at a maximum value of $400.00 per person; Hotel accommodations (one standard room/quad occupancy) during the Trip (as selected by Sponsor) at a maximum value of $1,200.00; A full-size rental car if available at Delta Vacations Destination chosen at a maximum value of $200.00. All expenses not specifically mentioned herein are not included and are solely the winner's responsibility, including but not limited to: transportation to and from the airport of origin, meals, alcoholic beverages, tax, insurance, laundry service, merchandise, parking, room service, service charges, activities not expressly included in the Trip, souvenirs and telephone calls. Airline carrier and hotel regulations and conditions apply. Trip components are subject to change without notice. Delta Vacations booking, cancellation policies and terms and conditions apply. If roundtrip coach air transportation exceeds $400.00 per person, winner will be responsible for additional costs. If hotel accommodations exceed $1,200.00, winner will be responsible for additional costs. If rental car exceed $200.00, winner will be responsible for additional costs.
Winner must book Trip by 8/31/13 and travel by 9/30/13. If potential winner is unavailable to travel by 9/30/13 for any reason, prize will be forfeited without compensation of any kind and an alternate winner selected (time permitting) from among all eligible entries received for random drawing. Travel and lodging are subject to availability, certain restrictions blackout dates and Sponsor's approval. Blackout dates include (but are not limited to) November 17-23, 2012, December 18-31, 2012 and March 10-31, 2013. A minor (as defined by state of primary residence) may not participate in the Trip unless accompanied by his/her parent or legal guardian as a member of the Group. All members of the Group will be required to execute and return a Release of Liability prior to participation. Members of the Group are solely responsible for obtaining any and all necessary travel documents (valid photo I.D., credit card, Passport, etc.) before departure.
For car rental portion of prize (if available), qualified drivers must be at least 25 years of age, have had a valid drivers' license for at least one (1) year and have a major credit card in his/her name that can be left at rental car office to cover the insurance deductibles. Charges not included at the time of booking include Collision Damage Waiver, Personal Accident Insurance, Theft Protection Coverage, gasoline, applicable taxes for optional services, local taxes, airport service charges, additional drop charges, concession recoupment fees and overstay fees. These fees will be payable by winner and winner is responsible to pay these charges directly to the rental car provider. Car rental companies will not make partial refunds or unused services to apply any portion of the rental to charges for gasoline, insurance or damages. If rental car is not available at the Delta Vacations Destination chosen or neither winner nor guests are at least 25 years of age (or fail to meet any of the other conditions of rental car portion of prize), rental car portion of prize will be forfeited and winner/guests will solely be responsible for their ground transportation during Trip.
Total ARV of Grand Prize: $3,000.00, which will vary depending upon point of departure and seasonal fluctuation of lodge rates and airfares. Prize elements may be subject to additional restrictions. Winner and guests will not receive frequent flier miles, award points or other prerequisites in conjunction with Grand Prize travel. If the actual value of the prize is less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded. Prize is not redeemable for cash or transferable. No substitution allowed except, at Sponsor's sole discretion, a prize of equal or greater value may be substituted. The prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. Prize elements may not be separated.
Any portion of a prize not accepted by a winner will be forfeited, and the Releasees (as hereinafter defined) shall not be responsible for any inability of winner to accept or use any portion of the prize for any reason. Sweepstakes is available to over 100 million Internet users. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. All taxes (including but not limited to hotel taxes) are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize winner. Winner will receive an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the actual final retail value of his/her prize. Winner is not entitled to exchange or transfer prizes or to obtain cash or other substitutes, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize or portions thereof of equal or greater value if a prize listed or any portion thereof is unavailable for any reason.
4. Validation/Winner Selection: Grand Prize winner will be randomly selected on or about September 10, 2012 from among all eligible entries received. The drawing will be conducted by Administrator, an independent judging organization whose decisions are final on all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Potential Grand Prize winner will be notified by e-mail and/or telephone and will be required to sign and return within five (5) business days of receipt an Affidavit/Declaration of Eligibility, Release and Indemnification, and a Publicity Release where allowed by law and any other documentation required by Sponsor or Administrator. Among other rights, and without limitation of paragraph 5 below, in signing the Affidavit/Declaration of Eligibility, Release and Indemnification and Publicity Release, winner will grant to Sponsor or its affiliated entities the right (but not the obligation) to videotape him/her; such videotape may be used, in whole or in part, at the sole discretion of Sponsor and/or Producer, as part of a broadcast or re-broadcast or distribution in any other media and/or technologies of Good Morning America or another program airing on ABC (or another network) or for promotional purposes by Sponsor, Disney or their respective related, parent, affiliated or subsidiary companies. If a potential winner does not reply to such notification within five (5) business days, an e-mail notification is undeliverable after up to 3 attempts and/or the Affidavit/Declaration of Eligibility, Release and Indemnification and Publicity Release or any other documentation required by Sponsor or Administrator is not signed and returned to Sponsor within five (5) business days, winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected in a random drawing (time permitting) from remaining eligible entries received. The guests of the Grand Prize winner (if a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian) must sign a Release and Indemnification and a Publicity Release (where allowed by law), prior to issuance of travel documents. In the event of any dispute concerning the identity of any participant, the entry will be deemed submitted by the natural person who is the authorized holder of the transmitting e-mail account. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. If for any reason a prize is not claimed or if a winner is disqualified, prize will be awarded to an alternate winner, also selected at random from all remaining eligible entries (time permitting).
If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, human error, technical failure or other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes (in whole or in part), Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify and/or suspend the Sweepstakes or take any other action Sponsor deems necessary or advisable in keeping with the structure and integrity of the Sweepstakes including, at Sponsor's sole discretion, selecting winner from all eligible entries received prior to the action taken, or as otherwise deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor; and to disqualify any individuals who tamper with the entry process, violate these Official Rules, or act in a disruptive or abusive manner. Notice of such action by Sponsor will be posted on http://goodmorningamerica.com. No responsibility is assumed by Sponsor, Administrator or Producer for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alteration of entries; or any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or electronic entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof, including, but not limited to, any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer related to, or resulting from, participation in or downloading any materials from this Sweepstakes.
Entrants further agree not to knowingly damage or cause interruption of the Sweepstakes and/or prevent others from using the Sweepstakes. Submission of an entry is acknowledgement of and agreement to be bound by all terms and conditions of this Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE ANY ONLINE SERVICE OR WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES VIOLATES CRIMINAL OR CIVIL LAWS. IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT IS MADE, SPONSOR MAY DISQUALIFY ANY PARTICIPANT MAKING SUCH ATTEMPT AND SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
5. Additional Terms: By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures, Delta Air Lines, Delta Vacations, MLT Vacations, Administrator and each of their respective related, parent, subsidiary or affiliated companies, advertising and promotional agencies and prize suppliers, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the "Releasees"), from any and all claims and liabilities arising from or relating to entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity (including travel related thereto) and/or entrant's acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize. By entering, each entrant further agrees that the Releasees have not made any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or law, with respect to any prize, including without limitation, to such prize's quality or fitness for a particular purpose. By entering and if a winner, winner grants Sponsor and its licensees and assigns the right to use his/her name, voice, likeness, biographical information and performance for programming, advertising, and promotional purposes, in any manner in any media and/or technologies throughout the world in perpetuity without further compensation. However, Sponsor shall not have any obligation to film, use or air winner's appearance and any such use shall be in Sponsor's sole discretion. Additionally, the winner agrees to sign all release forms required by the producers of Good Morning America.
6. Disputes: Except where prohibited, and subject to the release and waiver of claims provision herein, entrants agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with Sweepstakes, (excluding any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with any prize awarded or the use thereof), or the determination of the winner, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the Rules of the American Arbitration Association.
7. Sponsor: American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., 500 S. Buena Vista Street, Burbank, CA 91521.
8. Prize Suppliers: Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures & Delta Vacations.
9. Administrator: LeadDog Marketing Group, Inc., 159 West 25th Street, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10001.
10. Name of Prize Winner: For the winner's name, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Fun with the Family Sweepstakes Winner, c/o LeadDog Marketing Group, 159 West 25th Street, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10001. Requests received after October 19, 2012 will not be honored.