Mar. 11 -- (HealthDay News) -- Everyone is anxious now and then, but for some people, anxiety can completely interfere with their daily lives.
The U.S. National Library of Medicine offers these suggestions to help control anxiety and stay calmer:
- Try to figure out what's causing your anxiety.
- Create a diary or journal detailing your anxious thoughts, and what you think triggers them.
- Talk to a friend, therapist or family member about what's concerning you.
- Get plenty of sleep and frequent exercise.
- Stick to a healthy diet, avoiding caffeine, alcohol, nicotine and illicit drugs.
- Make time for fun.
- Try relaxation techniques.