Robyn Gardner's Last Photo Less Than Two Hours Before She Vanished

Aruba authorities suspends search for Maryland woman.

Aug. 23, 2011 -- Missing Maryland woman Robyn Gardner was heavily intoxicated when she was last seen alive in an Aruban restaurant, less than two hours before her companion reported her missing during an evening snorkeling trip.

The man with Gardner at the restaurant, Gary Giordano, is being held in an Aruban jail and is the lone suspect in Gardner's disappearance, although he has not been charged with a crime. Aruban police have said they believe Gardner is dead.

Eyewitnesses said Gardner seemed woozy at the restaurant and barely ate her salad.

In addition, a restaurant worker told ABC News he thought it was odd to hear that the couple went snorkeling because Gardner "seemed so perfectly put together," referring to her clothing, hair and make-up.

ABC News has obtained the last known pictures of Gardner, 35, to be taken before her disappearance at the Rum Reef Bar & Grill in the Baby Beach area of the island on the Aug. 2 evening that she vanished.

Gardner's cousin, Kelly Reed, said the family recognized the dress was Gardner was wearing in the photo. And Gardner's live-in boyfriend in Maryland, Richard Forester, told ABC News that it was Gardner in her favorite dress, "with 100 percent certainty."

The time stamp on the photo is 6:12 -- 4:12 p.m., less than two hours before Giordano returned to the restaurant to report that Gardner had disappeared.

Last Photo of Robyn Gardner in Aruba Before She Vanished

A law enforcement source said that Giordano, 50, is seen in surveillance video at 6:02 p.m. tapping on closed shutters of the bar seemingly making his presence known. At approximately 6:20 p.m. he went to the back kitchen of the bar and told someone to call police.

Those who saw the couple at the restaurant tell ABC News they were clearly in a romantic relationship, with Gardner reportedly telling the server, at one point, she was waiting for her "husband" to order.

The server at the restaurant said Giordano "inexplicably" jumped up after the couple sat down and introduced himself, saying, "My name is Gary and this is Robyn and we're from Maryland."The server found Giordano's behavior odd and reported it to authorities.

A worker at the restaurant also told ABC News that Giordano returned to the restaurant less than 12 hours after Gardner vanished, this time with an attorney, and appeared "indifferent" to his girlfriend's disappearance.

The family issued a statement today asking for people to not lose hope in finding Gardner.

"After three weeks we ask everyone to please keep praying for Robyn. And we thank all who are helping to find out what happened to Robyn and ask anyone with information to please, please contact authorities," the statement said.

The statement came out as Aruban authorities suspended the search for Gardner. A massive search had been resumed Monday with more than 60 officials, including FBI agents, Aruba riot cops and volunteers combing the rocky and treacherous area along Aruba's coastline area away from the beach where Gardner went missing, but found nothing.

The latest witness account and the photographs of Gardner and Giordano together emerged just one day after a witness came forward to dispute Giordano's account of what happened the day Gardner disappeared.

The witness says he was fishing on a beach on that day and he saw the two take a walk along the reef around 4 p.m., but they never went in the water.

A short time later, the couple drove away and he never saw either of them again, the witness says.

This is the latest of many disturbing details that have emerged in the case. Last week, investigators were looking into an American Express travel insurance policy for up to $1.5 million taken out on Gardner, which named Giordano as the beneficiary.

"We're investigating that material, seeing the relevance to the investigation," Aruba Solicitor General Taco Stein said.

The FBI is also investigating the American Express insurance policy.

Last week ABC News reported that surveillance video shows Giordano in his rental car parked in the back of the bar and restaurant. The Toyota Rav-4 had tinted windows, so no one else in the vehicle can be identified. Giordano parked the car in the back parking lot twice. He told police that he wanted to park in the shade, the law enforcement source told ABC News.

Final Photo of Robyn Gardner Raises Questions About Suspect's Timeline

The car was cleaned once Giordano returned the car to the Star rental at Aruba's airport, so police were unable to investigate the vehicle, according to law enforcement. The rental agents said that they didn't notice anything unusual when it was cleaned.

Investigators have also said that they had trouble identifying Giordano in surveillance video because he frequently changed his toupees.

Authorities said that that they found blood on a rock behind the dive shop at the Rum Reef Bar & Grill.

Investigators also told ABC News of Giordano's other erratic behavior at the time of the disappearance, including that he left the search early to get some sleep at his hotel.

Three days after the search for Gardner began, Giordano got within feet of leaving the country before he was stopped at Aruba's airport where he told U.S. Customs he had to change flights because of weather, and told officials that his travel companion was "taking another flight." When arrested, authorities say Giordano was drenched in sweat.

Federal agents have searched Giordano's Gaithersburg, Md., seizing cell phones and laptops. The home was known to have been equipped with surveillance cameras and signs warning visitors that video and audio of their visits would be recorded, according to neighbors.