Christmas is the time of year when you want to hang out with friends and family at home, drink eggnog, wear funny sweaters, throw a log on the fire, tell stories and be merry. But without a tree it’s hard to create the feeling of Christmas. If you don’t have space in your home for a full-sized Douglas fir, a table-top Christmas tree is a simple way to fill your home with the sweet pine and bright lights of the holiday.
To compete the table-top Christmas tree you will need: • 12-quart steel bucket • A durable lawn bag or plastic sheeting • Duct tape • Gravel • Sheers to trim the tree • And of course one small pine tree Instructions:
1. Line the bucket: Line the bucket with plastic sheeting or lawn bag. Trim the bag to within 1 inch of the top of the bucket and tape the top edges with duct tape.
2. Fit the tree: Fit your tree into the bucket and trim the trunk if necessary.
3. Add the gravel: Add the gravel to raise the tree higher and keep it sturdy and in place.
4. Water the tree: Water the tree lightly, while avoiding the duct tape.
5. Decorate: String with lights and decorate.