Today, after a long career entertaining those who forgot to bring their own amusement for their flight, the company that owns SkyMall magazine filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
For those of us who have spent countless hours scanning its product line -- from the mundane to the infamously ridiculous -- this is a sad day, indeed.
To honor the in-flight magazine’s impact on our lives, we've taken to Twitter where Americans are mourning the magazine’s passing using the hashtag #RIPSkyMall. Here’s a look at some of the products we would miss the most:
1. SkyRest Travel Pillow ($29.95)
So that you can fall asleep instead of reading SkyMall.
2. Wine Enthusiast: Wine Glass holder Necklace ($29.95)
The perfect product for when you want to keep your glass on hand, hands-free!
3. Seabreacher Customized Boat (a very reasonable $85,000)
A bargain at any price.
4. TowlHub with 4 USB Ports ($49.99-$89.99)
Just what you need, another electronic appliance in the kitchen.
5. Litter Robots ($339.99-$359.99)
For the high-tech feline in your life.
6. Adult Plush Hopper Ball ($79.99)
For the kid in all of us...
7. High Waist Control Boxer Brief ($37.00)
Because men deserve a smooth waistline too!
8. Zombie of Montclaire Moors ($99.95)
A great icebreaker for your neighbors.
9. Boris the Brontosaurus ($1,950.00)
Who wouldn't want a 7-foot tall prehistoric garden accessory?
10. Nightglow Toilet Seat ($49.99)
Never again will I fall into the toilet at night.