-- Anyone who is planning a stateside-based vacation in the future might want to check out this 2016 list of top hotels chosen by travelers themselves.
Travel website TripAdvisor announced the winners of its 14th annual Travelers’ Choice Awards for hotels in the U.S. on Wednesday.
The top hotel picks are located all around the country, and range from historic towns like Charleston, South Carolina, to bustling cities like New York City and Chicago.
According to the company, the characteristics that the hotels all share are their excellent "service, quality and value."
“We congratulate the properties around the world that have won Travelers’ Choice Hotel awards,” Barbara Messing, chief marketing officer for TripAdvisor said in a statement.
“Travelers considering their next trip can book confidently selecting from these award-winners that have already delighted millions of members of the TripAdvisor community,” she continued.
The Travelers' Choice Awards also recognized the Top 10 Travelers' Choice Hotels in the world, as well as ranking hotels in a variety of categories such as hotels with the Best Service, Top Bed & Breakfast and Inns, and Top Luxury Hotels.
Here are TripAdvisor's Top 10 Travelers’ Choice Hotels in the U.S:
1. The Sherry-Netherland Hotel – New York City
2. Bardessono – Yountville, California
3. The Nantucket Hotel & Resort – Nantucket, Massachusetts
4. French Quarter Inn – Charleston, South Carolina
5. The Oxford Hotel – Bend, Oregon
6. Ponte Vineyard Inn – Temecula, California
7. Icona Diamond Beach – Wildwood Crest, New Jersey
8. The Talbott Hotel – Chicago, Illinois
9. Belamere Suites – Perrysburg, Ohio
10. Casablanca Hotel Times Square – New York City
All 7,028 unique winners of the 2016 TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice awards for hotels are on its website.