Trump's communications director Mike Dubke resigns

Dubke is leaving the White House.

ByMICHAEL EDISON HAYDEN
May 30, 2017, 12:07 PM

— -- Mike Dubke, President Trump’s communications director, has resigned, ABC News has learned.

Dubke, 47, who was tasked with helping shape the president's message, served in the post for only about three months.

He resigned May 18 but offered to stay on until the end of Trump's first foreign trip as president, ABC News has learned.

"I want to thank Mike Dubke for his service to President Trump and this administration," chief of staff Reince Priebus said in a statement. "We appreciate Mike and are very grateful for his service to President Trump and our country."

According to Priebus, Dubke "will remain on board until a transition is concluded."

"Mike will assist with the transition and be a strong advocate for the president and the president's policies moving forward," said Priebus.

Dubke's last day has not yet been set.

Previously, he helped found Crossroads Media, a Republican media services firm.

Dubke's resignation may serve as an opportunity to revamp Trump's communications team, which has frequently come under criticism since he took office in January.

ABC News' Katherine Faulders and Jonathan Karl contributed to this report.

Related Topics

ABC News Live

ABC News Live

24/7 coverage of breaking news and live events