At Least 2 Injured as Inflatable Slide Flies Away in Nevada
Slide went 300 feet in the air.
— -- At least two people were hospitalized when a dust devil took an inflatable slide airborne - taking it above trees and slamming it into lamp posts - as onlookers celebrated Independence Day.
The incident happened Friday afternoon in Sparks, Nevada.
"I was thinking, 'Oh my God, I hope there are no children in there," Derek Smith told ABC affiliate KOLO-TV.
The wind lifted the slide 300 feet into the air. No one was inside it at the time.
"It went higher than a lot of buildings and then it landed way over there," Nicc Thompson told KOLO-TV.
The two people who were hospitalized suffered injuries from flying debris, said fire officials.
It's the third time a bounce house or inflatable slide has reportedly gone airborne in as many months.
The owner of Classic Amusements, the company that operates the slide, said it went through a safety check and was approved by a city inspector, reports KOLO-TV.
ABC News Live
24/7 coverage of breaking news and live events