Search for Phoenix Coldon, Stacey English: Police in Atlanta and St. Louis Search for Missing Black Women

PHOTO: Stacey English and Phoenix
WATCH Missing Arizona Girl's Family Plans March

Similarities in the disappearances of two women in St. Louis and Atlanta have police in the two cities comparing notes to see whether the cases might be related.

Stacey Nicole English, 36, of the affluent Atlanta suburb of Buckhead, and Phoenix Coldon, 23, of St. Louis, both went missing in December and the cars were later found with the engines running.

The apparent similarities in the case have some people questioning whether the same person could be responsible for both disappearances.

English was reported missing by her parents on Dec. 27, after they called her for several days and failed to get a response. They went to her home and inside found her phone, iPad and the key fob to gain entry to her apartment complex. She never left home without her phone or iPad, they said.

English was apparently last seen by Robert Kirk, a St. Louis resident who was a guest in her home from Christmas Eve until Dec. 26.

Coldon was last seen outside her St. Louis home on Dec. 18. The woman's mother told police she saw Coldon in her car outside the family home, but when she checked later, the young woman's car was gone. The young woman failed to return home that night, and Coldon's mother called police the next morning.

Neither Coldon nor English have been seen since.

English's car, a white 2006 Volvo S60, and Coldon's vehicle, a 1998 black Chevy Blazer, were both impounded by police on the day the women apparently went missing. According to several reports, police initially didn't realize the cars that had been impounded belonged to the missing women for whom they were searching.

The women's parents have been critical of both departments' handling of the investigations, particularly the initial failure to connect the impounded cars to the cases.

Carlos Campos, a spokesman for the Atlanta Police Department, told this evening that his department had communicated with investigators in St. Louis.

"We have spoken with them, and we have the facts of their case and our investigators are reviewing them," Campos said.

No one at the St. Louis Police Department's media office could be reached this evening, but the apparent similarities of the case reportedly have caught their investigators' attention as well.

Coldon's mother, Goldia, told the Huffington Post that St. Louis police Capt. Troy Doyle, who is working on her daughter's case, said he has seen similarities in both cases.

Of Coldon's disappearance, St. James McWilliams of the St. Louis County Police Department said there were "no signs of foul play," adding, "at the same token there is nothing to alleviate that possibility," according to a report in the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

Campos said Atlanta police have been in communication with Kirk's attorney and Kirk was cooperative.

According to a police report, Kirk told one of English's family members that the woman had begun to act "peculiar and out of character" at about 10 p.m. on Dec. 26.

Kirk told the family member that English began screaming in her apartment, shouting Biblical scriptures and saying the world was coming to an end, the police report said. He said she asked him whether he was Satan, then asked him to leave.

He said he left at about 10:30 that night.

Campos told ABC News that Kirk was not considered a suspect or a person of interest, denying previous media reports that claimed the police had named Kirk a person of interest in English's disappearance.

"As of right now there is no crime so there is no suspect to develop. This is a missing person's case," he said.

He said the department was working hard to solve the case.

"I think that we just want people to know that we're aggressively pursuing this case and we certainly hope that it has a positive conclusion and that Miss English is returned to her family," he said.

English's mother, Cynthia Jamison, told police that her daughter tried to commit suicide by overdosing in 2008, and was on medication for a medical condition that has not been disclosed.

A friend of English also told police that she saw the woman on Dec. 26 or Dec. 27, and that English appeared upset, was quoting Biblical scriptures and said the world was coming to an end.

Volunteers have conducted searches for English, and supporters have created a Facebook page to solicit donations in order to hire a private investigator.

English is about 5'3" tall and weighs about 120 pounds. She reportedly worked as an instructional designer at SunTrust Bank. A reward of $5,000 has been offered for any information that aids in locating her.

Police have also mounted a search for Coldon, who was last seen wearing grey sweatpants, a dark-colored hooded top and sneakers. She is 5'6" tall and weighs about 125 pounds.