"They buy more often, and our research tells us that in some industry segments they spend, on average, almost three times as much a month as those who shop using just one channel," said Donnelly.
Given the number of retailers jumping on board, the increased marketing, and the money being spent, online buyers will have to compete with fellow shoppers for the best deals this year. But instead of early morning lines or jostling in the aisles, the battle will be waged from the comfort of a living room couch, or the privacy of a work cubicle.
These were some of the best Cyber Monday bargains ABC found:
• Amazon.com: Spend $75 Get 25 percent off, Spend $150, Get 30 percent off (restrictions apply)
• Amazon.com: Swiss Legend Men's Commander Collection Watch: $49.99 (regularly $595)
• Ebags.com: 30 percent off the entire website and free shipping for orders over $100
• Etsy.com: Enter "Cyber Monday Etsy" to bring up all the items with deals on that day
• Gap, Old Navy, and Banana Republic online: Free shipping for orders over $50
• Kmart.com: Jaclyn Smith Cashmere Sweater $29.99 (regularly $69.99)
• Piperlime.com: 20 percent off the entire website (some exclusions, see site for details)
• ToryBurch.com: Free tote with orders over $150, 30 percent off when you spend more than $300, free shipping and gift for orders over $350
• Lowes.com: free shipping on all online orders, no minimum
• Sears.com: Craftsman 260-piece mechanic tool set $169.99 (regularly $299.99)
• Walgreens.com: Phillips toothbrush $39.99 (regularly $74.99); as well as $20 off $75 online purchases; $15 off $60; $5 off 30 and free shipping on orders over $25
• Macconnection.com: White 13.3" MacBook $849 after mail-in rebate, free shipping included
• Sears.com: LG 55-inch 1080P LCD HDTV $1,779.99 (regularly $2,279.99)
• Kmart.com: Ripstik Ripster $39.99 (regularly $59.99)
• Sears.com: Fisher-Price Trio Kings Castle $35.99 (regularly $59.99)
• Groupon.com: $25 for $75 of wine at Barclay's online wine shop; some of the best city specific deals: $30 massage (list price $60) in Seattle, or $140 for a hot air balloon ride (list price $325) in Atlanta.
• HarryandDavid.com: 25 percent off any purchase
• QVC.com: offering different deals roughly every hour, some highlights: toy sales start at 5am, electronics deals start at 9am; specials on NFL merchandise start at 6pm.
ABC News' Lyneka Little contributed to this story.