Michael Jackson Had 'Lethal Levels' of Propofol Before Death

Michael Jackson Autopsy Results Tighten Net Around Dr. Conrad Murray

On the morning of his death Michael Jackson had "lethal levels" of the powerful anesthetic propofol in his blood, according to a recently unsealed search warrant issued as part of the ongoing investigation into the singer's death.

According to the warrant,Jackson received a cocktail of painkillers and sedatives including the powerful anesthetic propofol.

The Los Angeles Chief Medical Examiner-Coroner, Dr. Sathyavagiswaran, indicated that he had reviewed the preliminary toxicology results and his preliminary assessment of Jackson's cause of death was due to lethal levels of propofol (diprivan)," according to the search warrant affidavit.

VIDEO: Dr. Conrad Murray admits giving Micheal Jackson several drugs before he died..

(The read the search warrant click here and here.)

Jackson's personal physician Dr. Conrad Murray told investigators he had been treating Jackson for several weeks and had been trying to wean the singer off propofol by administering a series of prescription sedatives including lorazepam and midazolam.

Commenting on the affidavit released today, Edward Chernoff, Murray's attorney, said, "Much of what was in the search warrant affidavit is factual. However, unfortunately, much is police theory. Most egregiously, the timeline reported by law enforcement was not obtained through interviews with Dr. Murray, as was implied by the affidavit.

VIDEO: Warrant says lethal levels of propofol killed Michael Jackson

"Dr. Murray simply never told investigators that he found Michael Jackson at 11:00 a.m. not breathing. He also never said that he waited a mere 10 minutes before leaving to make several phone calls. In fact, Dr. Murray never said that he left Michael Jackson's room to make phone calls at all."

Murray told investigators previously that Jackson had developed an addiction to the 50mg of propofol he received through an IV every night, demanding the hospital-grade anesthetic he called his "milk."

On June 23, Murray said he successfully put Jackson to sleep without using propofol. At 1:30 a.m. on the morning of June 25, the day Jackson died, Murray gave the singer Valium. At 2 a.m. Murray gave the singer 2mg of lorazepam through an IV.

At 3 a.m., singer Murray gave Jackson midazolan, followed by another 2mg of lorazopan at 5 a.m. when the singer still could not sleep.

At 7:30 a.m., he gave him an additional 2mg ofmidazolan. Murray told investigators he was at Jackson's bedside the whole time monitoring the singer with a pulse oximeter.

At 10:40 a.m., when Jackson still could not fall asleep and after "repeated demands/requests from Jackson," Murray gave him 25mg of propofol diluted with painkiller lidocaine.

Murray told investigators he left the room for 10 minutes to use the bathroom and when he returned Jackson was not breathing. The doctor then initiated CPR.

Murray had assistant Alberto Alvarez call 911 and asked Jackson's chef to send for the singer's oldest son Prince, 12.

"Murray's cellular telephone records show Murray on the telephone with three separate callers for approximately 47 minutes starting at 11:18 [a.m.] until 12:05 [p.m.,]" the affidavit stated.

Paramedics arrived on the scene around 12:22 p.m.

The warrant was issued in Texas in July when Murray's offices there and in Las Vegas were raided by local police and federal authorities investigating Jackson's death.

  • 1
  • |
  • 2
Join the Discussion
blog comments powered by Disqus
You Might Also Like...