Charlie Sheen: LAPD Investigate Possible Restraining Order Violation

VIDEO: Charlie Sheens career hangs in the balance under glare of media attention.
Share
Copy

Authorities found an antique gun at Charlie Sheen's California home late Thursday while investigating a possible violation of his temporary restraining order that prohibits the actor from having weapons.

"His Temporary Restraining Order states that: Restrained person cannot own, possess, have, buy, or try to buy, receive or try to receive, or in any other way get guns, other firearms or ammunition," Los Angeles Police Department spokeswoman Norma Eisenman said. " It came to the attention of the detectives that Mr. Sheen may have weapons in the home, and they are visiting him to make sure that he is abiding by the terms of his TRO."

On Twitter, Sheen tweeted: "all good here on homefront. all reports are false. I'll explain more very soon."

The embattled actor later followed up with another tweet: "the LAPD were AWESOME. Absolute pros! they can protect and serve this Warlock anytime!!! c."

Sheen is not allowed to have firearms or guns as part of the restraining order requested by estranged wife Brooke Mueller.

Stacy Ball, a police representative at the Van Nuys station, said officers found an antique gun.

Sheen was forced last week to give Mueller their twin boys, Bob and Max. Mueller reportedly sought sole custody of the children. She accused Sheen that he had threatened her.

But attorneys for Sheen and Mueller released a statement Thursday night that the couple have "reached an agreement that resolves their differences," the Associated Press reported.

Details of the arrangement were confidential according to the statement.

A hearing was previously scheduled for March 22.

Other Legal Troubles

"Two and a Half Men" creator Chuck Lorre's attorney Howard Weitzman responded today in a statement to a lawsuit filed by Charlie Sheen against Lorre and Warner Bros.

"The allegations in the complaint against Mr. Lorre are as recklessly false and unwarranted as Mr. Sheen's rantings in the media. These accusations are simply imaginary. This lawsuit is about a fantasy 'lottery' pay-day for Charlie Sheen. Chuck Lorre's concern has been and continues to be about Mr. Sheen's health," read the statement.

READ THE FULL COURT FILING HERE:

Sheen is suing on behalf of the crew and demanding to be paid for the eight scrapped "Two and a Half Men" episodes, totaling more than $100 million.

Warner Bros. declined to comment.

"Chuck Lorre, one of the richest men in television who is worth hundreds of millions of dollars, believes himself to be so wealthy and powerful that he can unilaterally decide to take money away from the dedicated cast and crew of the popular television series, 'Two and a Half Men,' in order to serve his own ego and self-interest, and make the star of the series the scapegoat for Lorre's own conduct," Marty Singer, Sheen's attorney, wrote in the lawsuit's preamble. Lorre is the main subject for derision in the court filing.

Charlie's "Condition"?

The suit also alleges that Warner Bros. violated Sheen's Fair Employment and Housing Act rights against harassment and discrimination in employment because of his alleged medical condition.

Page
  • 1
  • |
  • 2
  • |
  • 3
  • |
  • 4
null
Join the Discussion
You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer. Please click here to upgrade your browser in order to comment.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
You Might Also Like...