6. On her family's history with drugs and her decision to stay clean: "It's weird, because both of my children had the same drug problems as their fathers -- same drug of choice. My father was a heroin addict, and my sister's father was an alcoholic. But it jumped us ... I didn't not do drugs because of moral issues. I tried a couple of drugs, but I never felt good out of control. I have the constitution of a fruit fly. I can't do coffee, but I can do Dr Pepper."
7. On why the rich should pay more taxes: "I would be willing to pay a lot more taxes, because I make a lot more money, but I don't want to give [government officials] more to just [expletive] things up more. ... It really should fall on people like me to get together and do things to help the people in this country. If you're not worrying about how to put food on your table, you [should be] worrying about why other people don't have food on their table. I remember a great America where we made everything. There was a time when the only thing you got from Japan was a really bad cheap transistor radio that some aunt gave you for Christmas."
8. On former vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin: "I got so obsessed with [C-SPAN] that it was kind of interfering with my life. Sarah Palin came on, and I thought, Oh, [expletive], this is the end. Because a dumb woman is a dumb woman."
9. On aging: "I think Meryl [Streep] is doing it great. The stupid b***h is doing it better than all of us! But I don't like it. It's getting in my way. I have a job to do, and it's making my job harder."
10. On her stamina: "It's not an easy job ... You just have to make it look easy. But also, it's just a job. I'm not doing anything that's monumental. I know what I do is kind of a tonic for people. I'm either dying in my house or onstage."
11. On how she's remained relevant in Hollywood for so long: "I feel like a bumper car. If I hit a wall, I'm backing up and going in another direction. And I've hit plenty of [expletive] walls in my career. But I'm not stopping. I think maybe that's my best quality: I just don't stop."