Leslie Jones has rejoined Twitter just two days after she announced she was quitting the social media platform.
Interested in Twitter?Add Twitter as an interest to stay up to date on the latest Twitter news, video, and analysis from ABC News.
The "Ghostbusters" actress, who earlier this week shared several hateful tweets she'd received, announced Thursday that she just didn't have the self-discipline to quit for good.
Besides, she added, it's too much fun to live-tweet her favorite TV show.
"Welp...a b**** thought she could stay away. But who else is gonna live tweet 'Game of Thrones'!!" Jones wrote.
The comedian, 48, made headlines on Monday after she revealed several obscene comments that Twitter users had sent her. She also shared screen-grabs of a fake account with her name tweeting out offensive messages.
"I feel like I'm in a personal hell. I didn't do anything to deserve this. It's just too much. It shouldn't be like this. So hurt right now," she wrote Monday. "I leave Twitter tonight with tears and a very sad heart. All this cause I did a movie. You can hate the movie but the s*** I got today...wrong."
One day later, Twitter announced that it had taken action against some of the users who had harassed Jones, including a permanent suspension of Breitbart's tech editor, Milo Yiannopoulos. Yiannopoulos told ABC News in a statement that he "did nothing wrong" and that "Twitter doesn't stand for free speech." However, a rep for the social media platform told ABC News in a statement that while "people should be able to express diverse opinions and beliefs on Twitter ... no one deserves to be subjected to targeted abuse online."
"Our rules prohibit inciting or engaging in the targeted abuse or harassment of others," the statement read. "Over the past 48 hours in particular, we’ve seen an uptick in the number of accounts violating these policies and have taken enforcement actions against these accounts, ranging from warnings that also require the deletion of Tweets violating our policies to permanent suspension."
Shortly thereafter, the company released a second statement, detailing planned changes in the future.
"We know many people believe we have not done enough to curb this type of behavior on Twitter. We agree," it read. "We are continuing to invest heavily in improving our tools and enforcement systems to better allow us to identify and take faster action on abuse as it’s happening and prevent repeat offenders. We have been in the process of reviewing our hateful conduct policy to prohibit additional types of abusive behavior and allow more types of reporting, with the goal of reducing the burden on the person being targeted. We’ll provide more details on those changes in the coming weeks."