6 sweet potatoes
½ cup sugar
4 large eggs
½ cup of sweetened condensed milk
½ cup heavy cream
¼ cup unsalted butter softened
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 9-inch pie crust (see "Pastry for two single crust pies" recipe below)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Bake potatoes whole for 1 hour or until soft. Cool and peel.
3. In a large bowl add potatoes, mash them then add, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla flavoring, eggs, milk, butter and mix together.
4. Place shells in oven for two minutes to three minutes or until lightly brown.
5. Remove from oven and pour potato mixture into shells.
6. Bake for 35 minutes or until firm.
Pastry for two single crust pies
2½ cups flour
3 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, cubed
¼ cup cold water
1. In a mixing bowl stir together flour, sugar, and salt.
2. Using a fork cut butter into the flour.
3. Mix egg and water together, sprinkle some mixture over flour mixture until all is moistened.
4. Form pastry into a ball and divide in half.
5. On a lightly floured surface use your hands to slightly flatten one portion of pastry.
6. Roll into a 12 inch circle. Then ease onto pie plate. Prick bottom and sides of crust.
7. Bake at 350 degrees until lightly golden.
8. Fill and bake at 350 degrees until firm.