Disney-Pixar's MONSTERS UNIVERSITY hits theatres June 21. To celebrate, "Good Morning America" wants to give you the chance to win a "Monstrous Summer" family vacation to Walt Disney World® Resort!
Read the official rules below and click here to enter for your chance to win.
To participate in this Sweepstakes, you must agree to and abide by these Official Rules.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. INTERNET ACCESS & VALID E-MAIL ACCOUNT REQUIRED. Eligibility: Good Morning America's "Monstrous Summer" Sweepstakes (also referred to as "Sweepstakes" or "Promotion") is open only to legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States and the District of Columbia, 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry.
1. Eligibility: Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States and the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older. Void in Alaska, Hawaii, Guam, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands and other U.S. Territories, and where prohibited or restricted by law. Any individuals (including but not limited to employees) who have, within six months prior to the start date of the Promotion, performed services for Sponsor, Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures, Pixar Animation Studios, Disney Destinations, LLC, Administrator, or any of their respective related, parent, affiliated or subsidiary companies or who have within six (6) months prior to the start date of the Sweepstakes performed services for any organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Sweepstakes or supplying the prizes, or persons involved in the creation, development or production (including cast and crew) of Good Morning America ("Producer") and/or their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliated and successor companies, and immediate family and household members of such individuals, are not eligible to enter or win. "Immediate family members" shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, grandchildren, step-grandchildren, or spouses, regardless of where they live. "Household members" shall mean people who share the same residence at least three consecutive months a year, whether related or not.
2. Sweepstakes Entry: The Sweepstakes begins on or about 12:00:01 am Eastern Time ("ET") on June 7, 2013 and ends 11:59:59 am ET on June 24, 2013 ("Promotion Period"). Sponsor's computer is the official clock for this Sweepstakes.
To enter, navigate the Internet to www.goodmorningamerica.com and click on the Monstrous Summer Sweepstakes image which will take you to the Sweepstakes home page. You must be a registered member of ABCNews.com or one of the WDIG Family of Sites to enter or you may become a member. Registration is free and only required once. Enter as follows:
a) If you are an existing ABCNews.com member, simply sign in on the Sweepstakes home page with your current member name and password.
b) If you are not an ABCNews.com member, you can register by clicking on the link located on the Sweepstakes home page. You will be asked to provide your first and last name, mailing address with zip code/postal code, phone number, e-mail address, gender, birthday, country, and to select a username and password.
You may be asked to consent to receive promotional e-mails and reminder e-mails from the WDIG Family of Sites or from third parties. Consenting to receive promotional or reminder e-mails is optional and does not have to be agreed upon in order to be eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes and does not improve your chances of winning.
Upon submission, you will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. You will not receive an acknowledgement. Free internet access is available at most public libraries.
Sponsor and Administrator (as hereinafter defined) will not be responsible for late, lost, incomplete, or misdirected entries. All entries must be received by 11:59:59 am ET on June 24, 2013, when the Sweepstakes ends. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged. By entering this Sweepstakes, participants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Administrator and Sponsor, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
3. Prizes, Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"):
Grand Prize (1 Winner): The Winner ("Winner") will receive one (1) vacation package for the Winner and up to five (5) guests (each, a "Guest") for four (4) nights and five (5) days at the Walt Disney World® Resort ("Vacation Package"), which includes the following:
Up to six (6) round trip coach air fares between the major gateway airport closest to Winner's residence and the Orlando International Airport [provided, however, if Winner resides within 250 miles of the Walt Disney World® Resort, air fare will not be provided.]
Up to six (6) round trip ground transfers between the Orlando International Airport and the Walt Disney World® Resort via Disney's Magical Express Service.
Room accommodations consisting of one (1) family suite (with a maximum of six (6) persons per room) for four (4) night(s) at Disney's Art of Animation Resort or a hotel at the Walt Disney World® Resort selected by Disney in its sole discretion; based on availability.
Up to six (6) 5-Day Magic Your Way Tickets with Park Hopper® Option.
One (1) Disney Gift Card with a value of $750.00.
Services of one (1) Disney VIP Tour Guide (as selected by Disney) for up to eight (8) hours on one (1) day.
One (1) Welcome Basket in your Walt Disney World® Resort hotel room [for Winner only].
Travel must be round trip. Sponsor will determine flight itinerary in its sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability. Vacation Package is for the Winner and up to five (5) Guests of the Winner's choosing. Winner and Guests must travel together. If Winner elects to take the trip with fewer than five (5) Guests, components of the Vacation Package will be awarded in increments/quantities suitable for the actual number of travelers and Winner will not receive any compensation or substitute/alternate prize for same. Any portion of the Vacation Package not accepted by a Winner will be forfeited. Minors under the age of 18 must travel with a parent or legal guardian, who must be either the Winner or a Guest of the Winner. Vacation Package and Vacation Package components may not be sold, traded, transferred, rescheduled to dates not within the fulfillment period set forth above, or refunded. Vacation Package is not redeemable for cash.
Guest (if under 18, Winner on his/her child's behalf) must execute liability/publicity releases prior to issuance of travel documents. Other travel and accommodation restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates.
The Vacation Package must be taken between August 15, 2013 and August 15, 2014. If Winner is unavailable to travel by that date for any reason, Grand Prize will be forfeited without compensation of any kind.
The estimated retail value of the Grand Prize is $9,641.78. All benefits and payments are personal to the Winner and are not redeemable for cash and neither assignable nor transferable.
Actual final value of Vacation Package may be higher or lower based on point of departure, airline ticket and airline availability and cost at time of purchase; Winner will not receive the cash difference between estimated retail value and actual final value of prize. Vacation Package elements may be subject to additional restrictions. Airline carrier's regulations and conditions apply. Winner and Guests must travel together on specified itinerary and possess any identification or documentation required to travel. All travel dates and arrangements are subject to change, availability and Sponsor's approval (which may be granted or withheld in its sole discretion). Certain restrictions and block-out dates may apply. Any portion of the prize not accepted by the Winner will be forfeited.
Items not included as part of the Vacation Package, which are the sole responsibility of the Winner, include but are not limited to the following: transportation between Winner's home and the major airport selected by Sponsor as the departure airport; round trip ground transportation if the Winner resides additional ground transportation; layover accommodations; passenger tariffs or duties; airline fees; surcharges; airport fees; service charges or facility charges; personal charges; security fees; excursions; meals; alcoholic beverages; travel insurance; room service; laundry service; local and long distance telephone calls; merchandise and souvenirs; incidental expenses; tips, gratuities, service charges or taxes; and all other costs and expenses not otherwise mentioned herein.
Vacation Package and the elements thereof may not be sold, traded, transferred, refunded, commissioned or redeemed for cash value, or rescheduled to dates other than as set forth above. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize(s) or portions thereof of equal or greater value if a prize listed or any portion thereof is unavailable for any reason. Limit of one (1) prize per person, family and/or household.
Sweepstakes is available to over 100 million Internet users. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. All taxes are the sole responsibility of the Winner; Winner will receive an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the actual final retail value of the prize.
4. Validation/Winner Selection: Winner will be randomly selected on or about June 25, 2013 from among all eligible entries received. The drawing will be conducted by Administrator, an independent judging organization whose decisions are final on all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Potential Winner will be notified by e-mail and/or telephone and will be required to sign and return within five (5) business days of receipt an Affidavit/Declaration of Eligibility, Release and Indemnification, and a Publicity Release where allowed by law and any other documentation required by Sponsor or Administrator. Among other rights, and without limitation of paragraph 5 below, in signing the Affidavit/Declaration of Eligibility, Release and Indemnification and Publicity Release, Winner will grant to Sponsor or its affiliated entities the right (but not the obligation) to videotape him/her; such videotape may be used, in whole or in part, at the sole discretion of Sponsor and/or Producer, as part of a broadcast or re-broadcast or distribution in any other media and/or technologies of Good Morning America or another program airing on ABC (or another network) or for promotional purposes by Sponsor, Disney or their respective related, parent, affiliated or subsidiary companies. If a potential Winner does not reply to such notification within five (5) business days, an e-mail notification is undeliverable after up to 3 attempts and/or the Affidavit/Declaration of Eligibility, Release and Indemnification and Publicity Release or any other documentation required by Sponsor or Administrator is not signed and returned to Sponsor within five (5) business days, Winner will be disqualified and an alternate Winner may be selected in a random drawing (time permitting) from remaining eligible entries received. The Guests of the Winner (if a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian) must sign a Release and Indemnification and a Publicity Release (where allowed by law), prior to issuance of travel documents. In the event of any dispute concerning the identity of any participant, the entry will be deemed submitted by the natural person who is the authorized holder of the transmitting e-mail account. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. If for any reason a prize is not claimed or if a Winner is disqualified, prize will be awarded to an alternate Winner, also selected at random from all remaining eligible entries (time permitting).
If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, human error, technical failure or other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes (in whole or in part), Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify and/or suspend the Sweepstakes or take any other action Sponsor deems necessary or advisable in keeping with the structure and integrity of the Sweepstakes including, at Sponsor's sole discretion, selecting Winner from all eligible entries received prior to the action taken, or as otherwise deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor; and to disqualify any individuals who tamper with the entry process, violate these Official Rules, or act in a disruptive or abusive manner. Notice of such action by Sponsor will be posted on http://goodmorningamerica.com. No responsibility is assumed by Sponsor, Administrator or Producer for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alteration of entries; or any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or electronic entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof, including, but not limited to, any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer related to, or resulting from, participation in or downloading any materials from this Sweepstakes.
Entrants further agree not to knowingly damage or cause interruption of the Sweepstakes and/or prevent others from using the Sweepstakes. Submission of an entry is acknowledgement of and agreement to be bound by all terms and conditions of this Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE ANY ONLINE SERVICE OR WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES VIOLATES CRIMINAL OR CIVIL LAWS. IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT IS MADE, SPONSOR MAY DISQUALIFY ANY PARTICIPANT MAKING SUCH ATTEMPT AND SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
5. Additional Terms: By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures, Pixar Animation Studios, Disney Destinations, LLC, Administrator and each of their respective related, parent, subsidiary or affiliated companies, advertising and promotional agencies and prize suppliers, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the "Releasees"), from any and all claims and liabilities arising from or relating to entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity (including travel related thereto) and/or entrant's acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize. By entering, each entrant further agrees that the Releasees have not made any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or law, with respect to any prize, including without limitation, to such prize's quality or fitness for a particular purpose. By entering and if a Winner, Winner grants Sponsor and its licensees and assigns the right to use his/her name, voice, likeness, biographical information and performance for programming, advertising, and promotional purposes, in any manner in any media and/or technologies throughout the world in perpetuity without further compensation. However, Sponsor shall not have any obligation to film, use or air Winner's appearance and any such use shall be in Sponsor's sole discretion. Additionally, the Winner agrees to sign all release forms required by the producers of Good Morning America.
6. Disputes: Except where prohibited, and subject to the release and waiver of claims provision herein, entrants agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with Sweepstakes, (excluding any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with any prize awarded or the use thereof), or the determination of the Winner, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the Rules of the American Arbitration Association.
7. Sponsor: American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., 500 S. Buena Vista Street, Burbank, CA 91521.
8. Prize Suppliers: Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures & Disney Destinations, LLC.
9. Administrator: LeadDog Marketing Group, Inc., 159 West 25th Street, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10001.
10. Name of Prize Winner: For the Winner's name, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Monstrous Summer Sweepstakes Winner, c/o LeadDog Marketing Group, 159 West 25th Street, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10001. Requests received after July 25, 2013 will not be honored.