The body of slain Hollywood wife Monica Beresford-Redman will soon be back on U.S. soil, allowing her grieving family the chance to say good-bye.
Her family traveled back to Mexico this week to make arrangements for their sister's body and to continue pushing Mexican authorities to charge former "Survivor" producer Bruce Beresford-Redman with his wife's murder.
"It's very important to have my sister back where she belongs and have the family say good-bye and have a place to go so they can send their love," Monica Beresford-Redman's sister Jeanne Burgos said today.
Though not officially charged, Bruce Beresford-Redman remains the only suspect in his wife's death. Mexican authorities have said they will not release his passport until their investigation is complete. He has not spoken publicly since his wife's body was found three weeks ago.
Monica Beresford-Redman's sisters have not spoken to their brother-in-law, family attorney Alison Triessel said. Their only focus is seeing that he is held responsible in her death.
Mexican investigators have said they will not move to press charges until they get the results of DNA testing.
"We're hopeful that things are moving forward here," Triessel said.
Monica Beresford-Redman's body was found April 8 in a sewer at the posh Cancun resort where she had been staying with her husband and their two young children.
Mexican authorities said she had been strangled and hit hard in the head. Bruce Beresford-Redman had scratches on his arms and neck when questioned by police and investigators have said his account of his wife's disappearance in the days before her body was discovered don't match with witness statements.
The couple had traveled to Mexico, reportedly to work on their crumbling marriage. But Monica Beresford-Redman's sisters say they now wonder if they entire trip was planned so she could be killed on foreign soil.
"We are coming together in pain and we are trying to do the best that we can at the moment because we are grieving deeply," Jeanne Burgos said. "But we need to keep strong so we can bring justice for my sister."
A series of e-mails that surfaced last week between the couple and Bruce Beresford-Redman's alleged mistress Joy Pierce could show evidence of a motive in her death, according to Monica Beresford-Redman's family.
The e-mails, obtained by RadarOnline, were found on Monica Beresford-Redman's home computer after her death this month. Her family brought them to Mexican authorities.
In the e-mails, all written last month, Bruce Beresford-Redman wrote of wanting to be a better husband and father, but noted that his wife had denied him access to their children and home.
"She has gone even further than I thought she would," he wrote. "She has denied me access to my children. ... She has shut me out of my home, she has liquidated all my money and ... she has alleged at my daughter's school that I am abusive and unfit."
Read more from the Beresford-Redman e-mails at RadarOnline.com.
But he told Pierce in a separate e-mail that their affair had been a "mistake" and that he had come to realize that he was his happiest when he was with his wife.
"I will not be contacting you in the future and ask that you do not contact me either," the e-mail read. "It was just an affair for me, I am sorry that you became so involved."