How a Boy's Pet Rodent Turned Deadly

A California family is suing Petco after their son died from rat bite fever.
3:00 | 02/26/14

Coming up in the next {{countdown}} {{countdownlbl}}

Coming up next:

{{nextVideo.title}}

{{nextVideo.description}}

Skip to this video now

Now Playing:

{{currentVideo.title}}

More information on this video
Enhanced full screen
Explore related content
Comments
Related Extras
Related Videos
Video Transcript
Transcript for How a Boy's Pet Rodent Turned Deadly
San Diego couple suing one of the country's biggest pet stores after their ten year old son died from an infection he got from his pet rat. Little -- -- died last summer less than two weeks after his grandmother. Bought the -- from pet go family says that -- was negligent by not adequately testing the rotor for disease. But they are released a statement saying quote we follow what we -- the India's industry's stronger standards for companion animal health and welfare. We -- specific testing protocols to be determined by our vendors unless we identify a reason for concern. We're saddened by the Yankees family's tragic loss.

This transcript has been automatically generated and may not be 100% accurate.

{"id":22677341,"title":"How a Boy's Pet Rodent Turned Deadly","duration":"3:00","description":"A California family is suing Petco after their son died from rat bite fever.","section":"GMA","mediaType":"Default"}