Who Are The Professionals Who Treat Clinical Depression?

Question: Who are the professionals who treat clinical depression?

Answer: If you have a clinical depression or feel one of your loved ones does, you should go to a professional who's trained in such treatment. And that would be a licensed mental health professional, like a psychiatrist, a doctoral level psychologist. In some states, a social worker or a nurse clinician.

And if you can't find such people, then you should go to your family practitioner and talk about the problems and let them get you specialized help.

Next: What Considerations Go Into Deciding Whether Treatment Should Occur In A Hospital Or On An Outpatient Basis?


Previous: What Are The Most Common Treatments For Depression?
-- This embed didnt make it to copy for story id = 4356090. -- This embed didnt make it to copy for story id = 4356090. -- This embed didnt make it to copy for story id = 4356090.
Join the Discussion
blog comments powered by Disqus
You Might Also Like...
See It, Share It
PHOTO: Auschwitz concentration camp survivor Edith Baneth, age 88, poses in her home, Dec. 1, 2014
Christopher Furlong/Getty Images
PHOTO: An 8 ft long, fully animated ?adult male polar bear? was unleashed on the freezing streets of London to mark the launch of Sky Atlantic?s hotly anticipated arctic crime drama ?Fortitude, Jan. 27, 2015?.
Daniel Lewis/Rex Features
PHOTO: Bud and June Runion vanished while going to meet someone to buy a vintage car they found on Craigslist, authorities said. | Inset: Jay Towns is seen in this booking photo provided by Telfair County Sheriffs Office.
Courtesy of family | Telfair County Sheriffs Office
PHOTO: President Barack Obama, left, speaks at the White House in Washington, D.C. on Aug. 1, 2014. Rep. John Boehner, right, is pictured in Washington, D.C. on July 31, 2014.
Jacquelyn Martin/AP Photo | Alex Wong/Getty Images