32. Drink lots of water. (You'll stand up for refills and trips to the bathroom.)
33. Hover just above your chair in a squat position for 15 seconds every hour.
34. Keep a small water glass, which you must refill often, instead of a large water bottle on your desk.
35. Stand up each time you talk on the phone.
36. Schedule meetings to take place in far-off conference rooms.
37. Buy a plant for your office--watering it will make you more active.
38. Set your computer alarm to ring hourly--stand up for 1 to 5 minutes each time it goes off.
39. Walk your lunch outside or to another location in the office instead of sitting and eating at your desk.
40. Invest in a standing desk like the Ergotron WorkFit-S ($379; ergotron.com)--or get crafty and raise your monitor and keyboard with books.
41. Purchase an under-desk pedaling machine, like the Stamina 15-0125 Instride Folding Cycle ($70; stamina products.com).
42. When you need to brainstorm, do it while walking.
43. Dust your office weekly.
44. Walk around the block once mid-morning and once midafternoon.
45. Make friends with someone on another floor; visit her often.
46. Stand while you open and read your mail.
47. Wear comfortable shoes (or keep flats under your desk) so you walk more.
48. Get rid of your garbage can; walk trash to the kitchen bin.
49. Use the vending machine three floors up--and take the stairs.
50. Swap your desk chair for a stability ball--then gently bounce on it.
More from Prevention: