22 Kids Dead After Eating School Lunch in India

Dozens of children were also hospitalized after eating the free meals at their primary school.
0:42 | 07/17/13

Coming up in the next {{countdown}} {{countdownlbl}}

Coming up next:

{{nextVideo.title}}

{{nextVideo.description}}

Skip to this video now

Now Playing:

{{currentVideo.title}}

More information on this video
Enhanced full screen
Explore related content
Comments
Related Extras
Related Videos
Video Transcript
Transcript for 22 Kids Dead After Eating School Lunch in India
22 children in India died after eating a school lunch contaminated with insecticide. Dozens more students -- violently ill after eating the free lunch. Rice lentils soy beans and potatoes. The children all aged five to twelve years old got -- soon after eating a meal. Part of a program to provide a hot -- or Indian students one official said the food wasn't apparently washed properly before it was cooked. Outraged parents and relatives took to the streets and violent demonstrations following the accident authorities suspended the official in charge of the treatment program -- filed criminal negligence charges against headmistress. Apparently took off -- still can't get.

This transcript has been automatically generated and may not be 100% accurate.

{"id":19691924,"title":"22 Kids Dead After Eating School Lunch in India","duration":"0:42","description":"Dozens of children were also hospitalized after eating the free meals at their primary school.","section":"International","mediaType":"Default"}