Here's what a Triple Crown winner would do for America.
5. It would elevate the status of good 'ol boys.
4. It would be a pure-good news story that would inspire tears of joy.
3. It would put ghostly Belmont Park back on the map.
2. It would blow away all other sports in terms of TV ratings.
1. It would slightly improve the image of horse players.
The Preakness field, inside out
1. Dynamic Impact (12-1): He's up the Beyer speed charts.
2. General a Rod (15-1): Destruction (Kentucky) Derby victim.
3. California Chrome (3-5): Future pools the great old days.
4. Ring Weekend (20-1): Won't bother the filly.
5. Bayern (10-1): Never seen a field of more than seven.
6. Ria Antonia (30-1): Makes little cents.
7. Kid Cruz (20-1): Has been claimed.
8. Social Inclusion (5-1): Speed demon, pick and pitch, put on top of an exotic wager with some, then toss.
9. Pablo Del Monte (20-1): Dirt poor.
10. Ride On Curlin (10-1): Oddsmaker likes him.
Cronley's Preakness Picks
1. California Chrome
2. General a Rod
3. Dynamic Impact