The FBI has concluded it search of a San Bernardino lake after agents -- who have spent days searching for clues to last week’s mass shooting -- recovered a number of items.
The FBI would not say what items were found or if they were related to the terror investigation. Authorities say Syed Farook and Tashfeen Malik may have gone to Seccombe Lake Park -- 2.5 miles from the site of the shooting -- after the Dec. 2 massacre and before the police shootout that left them dead.
The FBI believes the couple may have gone to the lake to dump evidence after the shooting, officials said.
The FBI told ABC News they can go back to the lake if they need to, but have no plans to do so at this time.
The search comes after the FBI received information that the couple spent time at the lake, according to a senior official with knowledge of the investigation. The dive teams were looking to see if they left or stored anything there, the senior official said.
The FBI would not discuss specific evidence, but officials said Thursday investigators were seeking "anything that had to do" with the shooting.
Federal authorities are looking for Farook's hard drive, which is a key focus of the investigation, according to a senior law enforcement official.
Meanwhile, the San Bernardino Division of Environmental Health Services will reopen Monday for the first time since the massacre at the Inland Regional Center, the department said Friday.
The division's employees will remain on leave and temporary staff will take over duties, the department said, adding that the Dec. 2 tragedy "deeply affected the other employees."
Farook and Malik stormed the Inland Regional Center during a Department of Public Health training session and holiday party last week. Nearly all of those who were killed or injured worked for the county.