Your look at the five biggest and most buzz-worthy stories of the morning.
1. A firework mishap in Simi Valley, California has left at least 28 people injured after an "unintended" detonation fired fireworks into a crowd during a Fourth of July display.
2. Scotland Yard is launching a new investigation into the case of little Madeleine McCann who disappeared six years ago and is believed to be alive.
3. The supreme justice of Egypt's Supreme Constitutional Court swore in chief justice Adly Mansour as Egypt's interim president.
4. Seattle police are investigating a 21-year-old Nevada man who was arrested yesterday near the University of Washington in a stolen pickup truck filled with weapons, body armor and possible explosive devices.
5. Joey Chestnut of San Jose, California won Nathan's Famous Hot Dog Eating Contest for the seventh year in a row, scarfing down 69 hot dogs and setting a new world record.