Transcript for 9-Year-Old's 911 Call Helps Save Choking Sister
She is three years old -- Santos a toddler who snack time became a life threatening emergency. As a great slipped down her trachea on the bone -- -- nine year old brother. -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- To -- scientist was hailed as a hero by the South Pasadena police department he called in the emergency as his mother tried to extract the object. Is the militants -- then he had tests and -- night time. You would be a nightmare what may be different -- rescuers minutes saved a coordinated effort that started with declines call. You've got basically five to seven minutes before you start to -- brain death. And fortunately for -- did everything fell into place it was really -- today they recalled a scary moments mother Jennifer -- on those sites Yelena hopping up and down in distressed. Then the toddler started fading in and out of consciousness she took the toddler to the parkway in front of their apartment building. A good samaritan -- storr stopped to help with CPR but the great squishy and slippery could not be extracted even by paramedics -- it was slippery. And every time -- she would try and take your breath it was. Draw back into her trachea and block -- -- but the CPR and chest compression helped giving fourteen air to -- vital oxygen to her brain. Until doctors at Huntington memorial could remove the great. Now -- has learned that grapes and hot dogs are major choking hazards she says she's going to take a first aid class to learn more. Like -- the doctors had told me. And like you're going to be able to see it might be one of your loved ones. It's a culmination of everybody's efforts that made everything works -- perfectly. Miriam Hernandez ABC seven Eyewitness News.
This transcript has been automatically generated and may not be 100% accurate.