Watch the Rescue: 3 Children Saved From Electric Shock in a Pool

Faulty pools can produce deadly electrical shocks. Learn how to keep your family safe.
1:52 | 05/22/14

Coming up in the next {{countdown}} {{countdownlbl}}

Coming up next:

{{nextVideo.title}}

{{nextVideo.description}}

Skip to this video now

Now Playing:

{{currentVideo.title}}

More information on this video
Enhanced full screen
Explore related content
Comments
Related Extras
Related Videos
Video Transcript
Transcript for Watch the Rescue: 3 Children Saved From Electric Shock in a Pool
With the holiday weekend almost here families opening up the pool again. But this evening three children saved after being shot in the pool here's ABC's -- An invisible danger lurking in the water sending -- scrambling from the Florida pool. Electric current knocks this girl near the stairs there. Unconscious. Watch again as a man tries to grab his arm shoots upward as he shocked finally he yanks are from the water. At the top of the screen ten year old Diego Cabrera lifted to safety by his grandfather he spent four days in the hospital and that -- Palestinian -- and then as a child a Condo camera capturing the panic moments late last month. And look near the railing another young -- floats seemingly lifeless in the water. A man -- is -- risking his own life to drag around they all survived but just two weeks earlier little colder Sloan did. Analysts and certainly some thing I hope now alliance and our hats of stereo. -- hammer both cases are believed to have been caused by faulty wiring. Miami Dade aquatic safety coordinator Jim O'Connor says the charges -- strongest around the middle areas. It's especially underwater lights we want to look for a light this loose from the wall a cracked wins on buzzing sound. The most important thing to do turn off the electricity want to reach -- -- don't go so you don't wanna jump in there and try to save the person. Now experts say it's preventable with they were looking transformer like this one. The -- done a 120 volt to just twelve volts not much more than this nine volt battery. Over the past decade fourteen people had been electrocuted in pools and doesn't have suffered shocks like -- it's from a killer that safety experts hope. Will be invisible no more. Matt Gutman ABC news Miami.

This transcript has been automatically generated and may not be 100% accurate.

{"id":23835932,"title":"Watch the Rescue: 3 Children Saved From Electric Shock in a Pool","duration":"1:52","description":"Faulty pools can produce deadly electrical shocks. Learn how to keep your family safe.","section":"WNT","mediaType":"Default"}